With a child on the way, the owners of this Society Hill Trinity that was built in 1793 needed more space. With the help of Rasmussen/Su Architects and in coordination with the Philadelphia Historic Commission, they blended a new four-story addition with the historic original building. The interior of the original 795 square foot structure was demolished, while retaining the three original fire places and front facade. The entire side of the building was then removed to allow for a new, continuous floor plan between the old and the new sections. The new home, with more than twice the square footage of the original, now includes a new kitchen and dining area, as well as a new living room, family room, bathroom and bedroom, full master suite and fourth floor study with a deck. A floating metal and oak winding stair helps to maintain an open feel throughout.